Hotel Ste. Genevieve, MO
CLICK HERE TO TO BOOK YOUR HOTEL DATE TODAY!
Woven into the storied history of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, Hotel Audubon offers old world charm with modern amenities. First opened in 1904 as the City Hotel and fully remodeled in 2018, this century old building provides comfortable boutique style lodging nestled in the heart of the historic district. Resting above Audubon’s Grill and Bar and only an hour drive from St. Louis, we are the perfect destination for a romantic escape or mid-west vacation getaway.
Hotel Audubon offers seven spacious rooms, all with private walk-in showers, flat screen televisions, full length mirrors, iron, hairdryer, and free Wi-Fi. Each guest also receives a complimentary ‘happy hour’ voucher and English breakfast.
Room 1- Lincoln Finch: (Suite) Our most spacious room featuring a King Bed, kitchenette, dresser, desk, and a separate private sitting area with a fold-out Queen Sofa Sleeper with an air mattress. This room offers both privacy and a beautiful view of historic Merchant Street. By far, the perfect choice for a family of 4 or the business traveler seeking comfort and privacy.
Room 2 – Golden Eagle: (Superior) Overlooking historic Merchant Street, this room provides comfort with a beautiful view. Furnished with a King Bed, armoire, desk, and a handicapped accessible shower and bathroom.
Room 3 – Turtle Dove: (Deluxe) Perhaps our most intimate room with an incredible corner view of the historic district. It is the perfect honeymoon destination featuring a King Bed, dresser, desk, and sitting area.
Room 4 – Partridge: (Superior) This room offers comfort and affordability with a King Bed, and desk. For traveling families, this room offers an adjoining room option to the Mocking Bird Room (also featuring a King Bed).
Room 5 – Mocking Bird: (Superior) This comfortable room offers a King Bed, dresser, and adjoining room option to the Partridge Room.
Room 6 – Cardinal: (Superior) The largest of our Superior rooms, featuring a King Bed, fold-out Queen Sofa Sleeper with an air mattress, dresser and desk. This room boasts comfort and privacy along with a spectacular view of the celebrated shops and stores of 9th Street.
Room 7 – Bluebird: (Junior Suite) Named after Missouri’s state bird, this spacious room features two queen beds, wet bar, dresser, desk, sofa, large bathroom and double vanity. The perfect choice for a family stay, a weekend escape, or a pre-wedding get-away.
…Where The Past Meets The Present!
HOTEL AUDUBON AMENITIES
Our boutique hotel offers a variety of amenities both on premises and nearby. We are in the heart of the historic district within walking distance of shops, museums, art galleries, wineries and more. Crown your visit to Ste. Genevieve by staying in one of the most historic hotels west of the Mississippi.
Individual In-Room Climate Control Systems
Full Service Bar
Full Service Restaurant
Complimentary Evening Refreshment
Complimentary Drink Coupon
Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 1901- Audubon property first purchased by charles petrequin for $2,280.
- 1903-Ed sexauer and company opened the Palace Bar
- 1904-Gem lunch room and short order restaurant opens
- 1905-First fire in the city hotel
- 1905-James Beauchamp opens a barber shop in the building
- 1906-Hotel declares bankruptcy
- 1907-Hotel reopens in January
- 1908-Eugene Stanton open his plumping business
- 1912-Hotel Proprietress S.M Wisely dies in the hotel…perhaps she is the spirit some have experience in the building
- 1920-The kitchen catches on fire and spreads to the dining room. Estimated damage was $1000
- 1921-In February John Aulsbery of Jackson, MO purchases the city hotel from Bill Herbsteith AKA “City Bill”
- 1921-In November, Aulsbury sells the hotel furnings to Mrs. Carrie Miller of Festus, MO
- 1947-First Television in Ste Genevieve County was installed in the Palace Bar
- 1956-A hotel guest caught his mattress on fire while smoking in bed. It was doused by buckets of water and placed in the hall. By 4:00 AM the top floor of the hotel was in flames. Two guests suffered injuries estimated damage to the building was $50000. Our basement(Cellar 56) survived this fire
- 1961-Fire struck again. Most of the damage was confined to the basement and main floor. Damage again was about $50,000
- 1986-Hotel and restaurant purchased by Herb & Norma Fallert
- 2013-Ste Genevieve Hotel was purchased by Audubon’s Redevelopment LLC owned by Jim & Marybeth Ferguson, Greg & Pat Ferguson and Herb & Norma Fallert
- 2013-2014 the Cellar and 1st floor were completely renovated
- 2014 Audubon’s of Ste. Genevieve opened as a farm to table restaurant.
- 2017-Audubon’s Grill & Bar was opened by Audubon’s Redevelopment LLC.
- 2017- Audubon’s Redevelopment LLC won an award for the historical renovations to the Audubon’s Building
- 2018-Hotel Audubon’s opened in the Summer