Once known as “Hotel Audubon” the two-story structure was built in 1903 and is part of Ste. Genevieve’s historic district. After suffering from fire damages, Hotel Audubon was closed and was later rebuilt to look as it did when it was originally built in 1903. Audubon’s is named after America’s most famous ornithologist, John James Audubon. He was an artist and owned a merchant shop in downtown Ste. Genevieve with his business partner, Ferdinand Rozier. Although he wasn’t here long, he came back several times and had a strong connection with Ste. Genevieve. In honor of the noted artist’s time in Ste. Genevieve as well as the building’s history when it was once known as Hotel Audubon, the restaurant still holds the name “Audubon’s” in the title.
Audubon’s Grill & Bar offers delicious food and drink in a family friendly atmosphere. Dine, relax, renew old friendships, and create new memories in our century old restaurant…where the past meets the present.